I truly have Pinoy (Filipino) preferences when it comes to Spaghetti. I’ll have it sweet than the salty Jamie Oliver’s or bolognese or the sour marinara and ascuitta sauces. Even if original italian sauces tend to swerve on the two than sweet, I’m used to having it with lots of catsup (we say ketchup) and for this recipe, pineapple tidbits.
pasta of your choice
leek, sliced into rings
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 can pineapple chunks or tidbits
1/2 cup of tomato ketchup
a pack of tomato sauce
1. Cook pasta per package instructions. Drain pineapple saving the juice.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan and saute meat until brown.
3. Add leek and drained pineapple to the beef and saute. Add a little pineapple juice.
4. Add ketchup and tomato sauce; mix everything well and simmer covered on low heat. Adjust according to taste, add more juice, salt and pepper.
5. Stir in cream. Remove from stove.
6. Serve over cooked pasta.