I truly have Pinoy (Filipino) preferences when it comes to Spaghetti. I’ll have it sweet than the salty Jamie Oliver’s or bolognese or the sour marinara and ascuitta sauces. Even if original italian sauces tend to swerve on the two than sweet, I’m used to having it with lots of catsup (we say ketchup) and for this recipe, pineapple tidbits.
pasta of your choice
leek, sliced into rings
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 can pineapple chunks or tidbits
1/2 cup of tomato ketchup
a pack of tomato sauce
1. Cook pasta per package instructions. Drain pineapple saving the juice.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan and saute meat until brown.
3. Add leek and drained pineapple to the beef and saute. Add a little pineapple juice.
4. Add ketchup and tomato sauce; mix everything well and simmer covered on low heat. Adjust according to taste, add more juice, salt and pepper.
5. Stir in cream. Remove from stove.
6. Serve over cooked pasta.
A post for Food Friday, Foodie Friday
my MIL (God bless her soul…) used to add ketchup, too… 🙂
KB and Whitesnake says
I prefer mine a little bit sweeter, too (I don’t like the uber sour sauce), but I still haven’t tried spaghetti with pineapples. I love pineapples and spaghetti, and this one, I so hope to taste. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Have a great week ahead.
i want to try this, i always make spaghetti with sweet-style sauce plus other ingredients and its always a hit even to our guests. but i love to try your version with pineapple, my kids will love this. thanks for sharing! visiting you from WE, thanks for sharing!
Never would have thought of this combo. Sounds like it would be good though! I am sooo late visiting this week! Thanks for linking this up to Fat Camp Friday, see you tomorrow!
My mom does that all the time. She always looks for pineapple when I make it.