Last post was about doughnuts, it is but natural to post a recipe of the glaze too…so here it goes.
1/4 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1. Put milk and vanilla in a medium saucepan until warm.
2. Sift confectioners’ sugar and combine with milk mixture. Whisk until well combined.
3. Remove the saucepan from the heat and set over a bowl of warm water.
4. Dip doughnuts into glaze, 1 at a time, and set on a wire rack until it cools.
* For different colored doughnuts use food color, for chocolate glaze add about 4 ounces chocolate chips and 2 tbsp butter and melt together with the other ingredients.
Doughnut recipe is here.